Team Jackson Kicking Follow on Facebook
24 June 2014
As Team Jackson Kicking heads into it’s 6th year of development, we are at point now to further explain on how to be selected as a TJK Top 10 member for the Class of 2015, 2016, 2017 and Underclassmen (2018/2019/2020) for calendar year 2014. Kickers, Punters and Snappers will officially be invited to the Top 10 Invitational Camp in March of 2015, and will be named “TJK Top 10 Qualifiers” selected in Early January 2015. After the March of 2015 Top 10 Invitational Camp is concluded, Team Jackson Kicking will name the official “TJK Top 10 Teams” for calendar year 2014.
Confused? Scroll down to the see the schedule of events and some questions/answers that would arise.
Why do you have TJK Top 10 Teams?
– College Coaches from all divisions want the top prospects that Coach Jackson and his staff have seen consistently in order to be viable recruits for their football programs
– Competition and Motivation
What TJK Top 10 Teams will be selected? From which grades?
– There will be 4 TJK Top 10 Teams: Class of 2015/JUCO | Class of 2016 | Class of 2017 | Underclassmen (2018/2019/2020).
If you don’t make the TJK Top 10 Teams, does that mean you can’t be invited to other TJK Camps? Does that mean you can’t make the Top 10 teams the next year?
– You can be invited to other TJK Camps whether it is designated as an Invite Only camp, or an Open Invitation. These TJK Top 10 Teams don’t have any barriers on your chances of being invited to other TJK Camps.
– These TJK Top 10 Team members will have their spot for one year, 2014. There will be updated, new teams selected in March of 2016 for the 2015 Teams. Basically the same process, but a year later.
How can Kickers, Punters and Snappers be qualified for the TJK Top 10 Teams for Calendar Year 2014?
– The more training sessions, camps and invitationals Coach Jackson and his staff see you, the better your chances. Why? Because repetition and consistency is key. College Coaches call Coach Jackson and want to know, ‘Was he a One Time Camp Wonder?’ Or ‘Has he been to your sessions and camps more than a few times?’
– In saying that, players have to attend at least 2 camps within 6 months in order to be considered as a TJK Top 10 Qualifier. (Players would need to attend 2 camps from July 2014 to December 2014). Then those players named as Qualifiers in Early January 2015 are Highly encouraged to attend the TJK Top 10 Invitational Camp to be further evaluated for selection of the Official TJK Top 10 Teams for calendar year 2014, These 4 teams will be officially named in March of 2015.
– The Top few camps to attend would be the Southern Invitational Showcase (AL) held in Mid July 2014, the Northern Specialist Camp (MN) held in early Jan 2015 and the Southern Specialist Camp (GA) held in mid December 2014. There will be a Fall Specialist Camp during season in 2014 as well as small group sessions. There will also be an NCS camp in early December 2014.
– Players are more than welcome to attend TJK group training and sessions to improve, as we harp on that being most important, but it is crucial for Coach Jackson and his staff to see you at a camp with other ranked TJK Prospects like the Invitationals and the Specialist Camps.
What do you mean by “TJK Top 10 Qualifiers”?
– In Early January of 2015, Coach Jackson and his staff will select and invite Kickers, Punters and Snappers as the “TJK Top 10 Qualifiers”. These players will have a much higher chance of being selected as a TJK Top 10 Team member in their class, in March of 2015 post TJK Top 10 Invitational Camp.
What do you get for being a TJK Top 10 Team member?
– Platform to show your accomplishment as one of the Top 10 Specialists in your Class in the nation, which means a much higher chance of being recruited by Colleges from the next level.
– The 4 TJK Top 10 Teams (40 players) will be selected after attending the TJK Top 10 Invitational Camp to be held in March of 2015.
– Players will receive specialized dri fit shirts for their accomplishment.
– Ultimately, these players will be able to provide on their FOOTBALL RESUME that they finished Calendar Year 2014 as one of the Top 10 members in their class in the nation, at their position. College Coaches want to know this, so this will be a great opportunity to relay that information to them.
Is the Top 10 members just Kickers? Can Snappers make the TJK Top 10 Teams?
– Due to limited amount of Long Snappers, we typically have 2 to 3 Long Snappers make each Top 10 Team. It all depends on the talent level within the class at each position. Typically there will be 7 to 8 Kickers/Punters and 2 to 3 Long Snappers.
Who selects the TJK Top 10 Teams?
– Coach Jackson discusses with his staff members and as a group effort, the TJK Top 10 Teams are selected. Overall, Coach Jackson has the final say in selection of the teams.
What will the TJK Top 10 Invitational be like?
– Currently Coach Jackson is finalizing the schedule and location for this inclusive 2 Day Camp. The Top city and state will be held at New Orleans, LA. This location provides fantastic facilities for the players as well as a city full of entertainment.
– There will be off field, organized activities that the players will attend, as well as parents.
– There will be important presentations on all aspects of being a Specialist Recruit and the “Need to Knows” that will be crucial for players to take back.
– The event will be laid back, with fun organized competition and toning of skills.
– There will be a legitimate national camp series charts, competitions and live reps throughout multiple sessions of the camp.
– Ultimately, the Top 10 can make big moves in their respective National Camp Series Rankings post Invitational camp.
Schedule of the Selection Process
- July 2014 to December 2014 – Potential Camps to Qualify for the TJK Top 10 Invitational (Need to attend at least 2+ Camps)
Dec 6 NCS Divisional Camp (Dothan, AL)
Dec 12-14 Southern Specialist Camp (Petal, MS)
- January 2015 – TJK Top 10 Qualifers will be selected
In Early January of 2015, Coach Jackson will start announcing the TJK Top 10 Qualifiers who will be invited to the TJK TOP 10 Invitational to be held in March of 2015
- March 2015 – TJK TOP 10 Invitational 2 Day Camp
The TJK TOP 10 Invitational will be held in either New Orleans, LA for a 2 Day Camp. All of the TJK Top 10 Qualifiers selected by TJK STAFF will be invited and ready to compete for a chance to earn the official four TJK TOP 10 Teams for the Class of 2015/JUCO, 2016, 2017 and Underclassmen (2018/2019/2020).
- Mid to Late March 2015 – TJK TOP 10 Teams will be officially announced for Calender Year 2014
After the TJK TOP 10 Invitational Camp, TJK STAFF will officially select the four TJK TOP 10 Teams for the Class of 2015/JUCO, 2016, 2017 and Underclassmen (2018/2019/2020) for calendar year 2014.
***If you have any questions or are deeply confused, don’t hesitate to Email Coach Jackson at email@example.com***
Team Jackson Kicking Follow on Facebook